Heck, it's practically, November!
Well, we are back after a looooooooooong absence. The pups are huge! They will be 9 months on November 2nd. Where does the time go?
Good news, first. Mommy got her new digital camera yesterday. It's way cool! It's a Casio Exilim EX-Z80. 8.1 Mega Pixels with You Tube capture mode. There are 30 picture modes to choose from. Daddy gave it to Mommy for her birthday. First we bought the camera and then we bought a 4GB SD memory card and we even ordered a back up battery. The camera comes with a rechargeable Lithium battery and charger but it takes 90 minutes for a charge and we don't want to miss anything while waiting. The battery should get here on Monday.
So, you'd think we'd be all set, right? Think again. It seems that I need a new Dell mouse. Let me explain, ok? My old Dell mouse, the mouse that came with this computer (my second computer) broke, and even though I had an old mouse sitting in a drawer it wouldn't work with this computer. So, I went out and bought a new Logitech mouse with a USB connector cable. The USB slot is the very same (and only slot) slot that my new, super duper EX-Z80 needs! Crap! If it ain't one thing, it's another! We will order one from the Dell store today. So, still no pictures.
Sort of. I took pics yesterday and I'm going to take some today. Might even try to make a movie. But the posting of the pics will have to wait. Bummer!
I've missed so many precious moments. Did I just say precious? You're probably thinkin' we got 2 more new puppies, eh? Not to worry, Bridget & Flanagan are still, very much, the Devil Dogs! Only bigger! And here's what they've been up to while we've been missing.
Most importantly, Bridget and Flanagan were spayed and neutered. It was much harder on us than it was for them. I was so worried leaving them at the vet for a whole day. It was the first time they were away from us. They were happy to see us as they clumsily staggered towards us, all doped up and sportin' those dreaded cone collars. Between the meds and the cones they were bumping into everything. They wouldn't stop crying when we got them home. They were absolutely miserable wearing the cones! We took them off after the first hour. No more crying.... they dozed on and off, mostly on, for the night. Until the dope wore off. At 3 O'clock in the morning!!!! Yowza! What a racket they made! Woke the whole house up. Probably woke the neighbors, too!
Playing with their toys, squeaky toys. Oh yeah, did I tell you they love their toys? It's so funny to see them all over the house. Tibby and Toby never had any toys. Tibby was afraid of the squeak and I never could find any without the squeak.
Daddy buys them 2 new toys every week. Bridget & Flanagan go berserk
when they see Daddy carrying the bag of kibble from the pet store. I can barely get the tags off before they try to grab 'em . They play a game to see who can squeak first! It's so funny! We had to teach them how to squeak the toys. Now it's sort of a doggie version of neahn neahn.... neahn neh! Last night I was trying to watch TV. I say trying because the Devil Dogs were runnin' around like madmen and playing with all the toys and the whole time there was this one toy, a really cute, fluffy yellow elephant standing right in their path and they never once knocked it down!
They are going to need a toy box, soon. I have to figure out what kind of toy box. It needs to be one they won't chew. Oh yes, they still chew. Every night before I go to bed I do a "sweep" of the rooms and clear all the tables and the floors.. I'm running out of places to protect things.
And even that doesn't ensure that nothing will get chewed. Nope, they chewed 2 corners of my coffee table. And my comforter. While I was sleeping under it!
That's it for now. Maybe I will come back later, tonight. I hope to get back here every day now that I have the camera. I couldn't seem to find any enthusiasm or motivation without pictures of the pups. Hopefully, I will get back to what I wanted to do with this blog, which is watching 2 lucky chow chow pups grow and thrive!
Bridget & Flanagan's Mommy
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment