Monday, June 8, 2009

Talking about getting lost!

Whew! It looks like I've finally found my way back, here. Talk about a Ditz!

2 days ago I decided to take, yet, another crack at the blog. The weather is nice, finally. I’m feeling more optimistic that I can and will be more industrious. We shall see, eh?

Anyway, take a look at the crazy route that got me here. Below, you’ll see what I mean.

 

Blog

Add | Summary

June 07

New Homepage?

I think making this my homepage will be just the ticket needed.

This way, I will see this page 1st thing in the morning. Every day.

Speaking of every day. I was here yesterday and the day before. Even posted. Plus, I did post way back in February. Yup, I did. You'd never know it, though. This space shows no previous entries. Ah, but I have proof! Remember, I used this space as an easier (Ha Ha, ya right!) way to blog that could also be sent to my Blogger blog. It worked. It showed up. It's still there at 2luckychowchowpups.blogspot.com. I was ecstatic. The post was written in a gorgeous script font, too.

2 days ago there was a script font listed in the font menu. Not that it worked, mind you. But it was listed. It was Black Chancery. POOF! Just like that...gone? Today we have another script type font in the font menu. Lucinda handwriting. This one doesn't work either. Did I really say that this was an easy format? It was. It ain't anymore!

Plus, it's been so long since I've been here, I don't really remember how to have this post appear on my blogger blog. And I don't see anything like an icon telling me how?

Time to test, I guess.

BRB

I remembered that it was through Windows Live, but I guess that’s all I remembered. I thought by going to WL I would see Live Writer (although, I did forget the name of this program..I’d know it if I saw it). I didn’t. What I did see was something called Spaces. The copied and pasted post explains the rest.

Anyway, as you can see by this font I’m using why I missed having better font choices. And although this one isn’t a script (handwriting) style, I do like it. This is Black Chancery. There are other beautiful fonts and some very nice script types, too.

Like this one in Bold. Curly Joe is pretty jazzy, don’t you think? This is another one. This is a font called Iris.  This one is Paint Stroke, I really think this one is kinda cute, too. Why they chose this ordinary one for the one actually named Script is a head scratcher?

Now, this is a fabulous script, yes? It is called Scriptina!

And even though I love it, I realize it is a bit hard on the eyes foe the main text.

So, I’m going to use it as my sign off sig.

I think that Bridget

& Flanagan look great written with this script font.

 

Boy, wasn’t that a lot of ‘splainin’ to do, eh. :)Here is what I posted before it went poof.

Bridget & Flanagan are16 months old as of June 2nd. Where does the time go? Sigh. It was time for their 1st annual vet visit. They had to have a rabies booster and we did a distemper and parvo, too. They also had to have a heartworm test. I’m still not clear on that one…..I mean, what is the point of having them on HW preventative year round if it still requires a test every year? I shouldn’t even get started with the pet drug industry. So, I won’t. I’ll save that for another day.

2 dogs, 1 vet visit.  Like night and day, fire and water. Bridget loves going to the vet. Well, more accurately, she loves going anywhere that will give her the opportunity to Shine. And shine she does! She is very beautiful and exotic looking. You should see her, she looks like show dog that does tricks. She walks on her tiny hind legs, backwards. She smiles the whole time. All she needs is a tiny pink tutu and a rhinestone tiara. She just melts from all the sweet baby talk….”Oh my, isn’t she the pretty one”………”Oh, look at her.. what’s her name….Bridget, what a beautiful name”.

She loves this adoration so much that she happily lets the vet take blood. A perfect little angel. And let me tell you, an angel she is NOT! lol

Now, FlannyMan. Well, Flanagan is a whole ‘nother story. And he is the easy pup everywhere else. In his defense he was perfectly behaved at his first few vet visits… 2 or 3 times, I think. All the puppy shots. Anyway, that was before the vet tried to yank his injured back leg off on the last vet visit. Not really, but that IS the way Flanagan sees it. And he is not inclined to take another look. 

Did I tell you that Flanagan is a little Houdini? There isn’t a collar, leash or harness that he can’t wiggle out of. Ditto the muzzle. I’d try a doggie straight jacket but I’d still have to get it on him! Not a likely scenario, that!

He still needs his HW test…. 3 of us managed to wrestle him long enough to get the rabies shot done. He goes again this week for another attempt. I’m not, at all, optimistic.

Here’s a couple of pics of the kids.

 

Bridget with her Baby 

Bridget is very cat-like. She often sits on the kitchen chairs. She sleeps on them sometimes. See the shelf to the left? That sits at the base of the kitchen table.  Bridget’s  loves to take her naps in there. We call it her hidey-hole. Curls up just like a cat. Yup, brings one of her babies in with her.

Supper

Flanagan likes to sit on the kitchen chairs, too. Yup, he does this every night. He really doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong. We taught him to sit the the first day we brought him home. It was very strange. I was only playing with them. Flanagan sat on the third try with a treat. I was astonished!

Now, whenever he wants to eat he comes to get me and my attention and then he goes into the kitchen to sit. He gets cooked chicken livers and gizzards every day for lunch and as soon as they are ready (done cooking, but still on the stove) he comes to let me know that they are ready. He has a very good nose ;) He walks to the stove, looks at the pot and then he goes over to the sink to sit and wait. No rude counter surfing for him! Hey, I told you they are foodie dogs. Flanagan just kicks it up a notch. He’s my sous chef

He will sit and wait very politely and patiently while we eat. He never attempts to touch the food, even if there is a plate in front of him. He will get down if told to do so. He’s a good boy ;0

2 babies

 

Gate keepers

 

Play Pen

It’s good to be back. Can’t make this my homepage but I did create a desk top shortcut. Hopefully, it will become a daily habit to start my day sharing the lives of 2 Lucky ChowChow pups.

Later,

Bridget & Flanagan 

I almost forgot. I came across this site while searching for chow sites. I hope it’s ok to show this fabulous chow portrait. This woman does such beautiful work I looked at all of the dog paintings. Obviously, I’m biased…I do love Chows, but I love all dogs. But I’m also a huge fan of watercolors. Anyway, check out her blog. Really fantastic!

http://dog-a-dayartblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/chow-chow.html

No comments: