Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Feeling Hot, hot, hot

Bridget & Flanagan are only in Boston but you'd think, at least for today, anyway, that they were in the HOT, hot, hot Caribbean or down South~! LOL!

My 2 cuties DO NOT enjoy the heat. Typical Spring weather up here. Up until the last week or so it's been on the cool and raw side. We have had maybe 2 nice Spring days and now? Summer! It was 79 and it's gonna reach 81 degrees, today. Took them out for their late morning walk. It was a very short walk. They didn't want me to stop, at all, to chat with any of the neighbors. Nor did they want to chat with any of their new doggy neighbors. Nope... no sirree. These dogs were looking for places to get out of the heat! When I stopped to chat they were fresh and misbehaving. Yanking, tugging and pulling their leashes every which way. When that didn't work, they scooted under a parked car (that would be pahked cah in Boston speak) seeking shade.

Haha... lucky for them their Mommy don't like the heat, either! And because of that, we have 4 air conditioner's. Yes...4. Only 2 of them are in the windows so far. Daddy will be putting the other 2 in today. Ummm, did I mention that we live in a tiny 3 room cottage? I told ya, I don't like the heat. What we will probably do is take the oldest AC unit out of the bedroom. It's old and starting to be noisy, but it was the strongest AC, 8,500 BTU's. We have 2 fairly new 5,000 BTU AC's but one of them has a busted knob, the on-off knob. So I'd like to put that one in the bedroom and put the 6,500 BTU AC in one of the 2 living room/kitchen combo windows and probably get rid of the 8,500 BTU AC. That will still give us 16,500 BTU's of ICY Cool air!

I mean, are these 2 pups matched with the right Mommy and Daddy, or what! ;)

Lets see. What else is new? Well, their ears are starting to stand up. A little taller and straighter, each day. And Flanagan seems to have big doggie toenails, now. Not so for Bridget, hers are still tiny and thin. Like newborn infant's nails.

They tried something new for supper, last night. Grilled Salmon. They loved it. Citrus Teriyakki sauce and all. Tibby and Toby loved Salmon. And Shrimp, OMG Shrimp! They were nuts for shrimp. Fried shrimp, cold shrimp and BBQ shrimp. I bet ya Bridget & Flanny love it, too.

I have to stop doing that. Calling Flanagan, Flanny. We make sure that we call him Flanagan most of the time, but it's hard not to give the pups other names. Sometimes we call him FlanagantheManagan and sometimes we call Bridget, Bridgey or Bridge. And when we are feeling very goofy and loving we call her Bridget the Gidgetwidget!

They are so different. Both of them are very sweet, of course. But Bridget seems to be the little boss. Not just of Flanagan, she's got a bossy, sassy way about her with us, too. She's smaller than Flanagan, more petite like. And you know she is female just by looking at her. Flanagan is much more laid back, very playful and goofy and all boy! Both of them are smart, really smart. Bridget craves more lovin'. She often comes to me and begs to sit on my lap while I'm on the computer. They are both jealous of each other when one is getting attention, they both demand it. A couple of times I was able to have them sleep in the crook of my arm. Oh! How I've missed that.

Both of them will, happily, play alone. They are easily amused and Flanagan loves nothing better than to roll over and over on his back, 4 legs up in the air fighting with nothing. They also, both, have this weirdish thing with their water. They love to get their feet wet and play in the water. Both of them look like Bears do when they are trying to scoop a Salmon out of the river. And they will wake from a sound sleep, amble over to the bowl and just dip their legs in, no playing.. and saunter back to their sleeping spot. I don't allow them to free feed, yet. But when they are ready for that, I'm not sure where I will put the kibble bowl? The feeding station I have can be raised up or lowered and it has 2 bowls, one for water and one for kibble. This will not work if this crazy water fixation lasts. We'll figure something out, I guess.

Later,
Bridget & Flanagan's Mommy

No comments: