All dogs, everywhere, are the same. They are the only animal that I know of whose sole purpose is to make their people happy. They are eager to please and easy to please. I will never, ever, understand why some people get a dog only to ignore it. They only ask to be included, to be with their people. Truth be told, it's not a lot to ask for. I love all animals and have had just about any kind of pet that you can think of. But dogs are my heart. I adore them. I don't pretend to know about the plan for the universe. The why's and how's of it. But why, oh why, did someone decide that these magnificent creatures should have such a short life span? I mean, why can't they live as long as elephants? They are, truly, man's best friend. I believe dogs can think, I know they can feel. Pain, love, sadness, loss and true joy. I think they are very aware of the happiness and joy they bring to their people. I think they have so much fun sharing the joy, happiness and love that they want all dogs to know this. And the only way that can happen is if their time with us is limited. I have to believe they are ok with this. I think they all end up waiting at the gate where they will, not only, welcome their people, but all the other dogs that their people loved. I hope that by reading this blog that more people will adopt shelter dogs. For every dog you adopt you save two dogs. The one you take home and the one that the shelter now has room for. If you already have a dog you can still help. You don't need to adopt to help a dog in need. Volunteer in any way you can. I know your Fido would approve. Oh, and give your dog a good scritch behind the ears for me. Thanks for listening, Bridget & Flanagan's Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment