Friday, April 11, 2008

Leaving Ash behind

Sounds awful, doesn't it? It sure made me feel awful.
I'm told she is delightful. Of this, I have no doubt. I'm over the moon in love with her sister, Bridget and her brother, Flanagan. And I know that Aunty Janet is no part time, Fairy Godmother. In other words, Ash is in very good hands.

It was hard, very hard to leave only one, behind. If there had been 4 pups it would have made me feel a lot better. Ash wouldn't have, suddenly, found herself alone.

And ya know, I'm usually the one in this family that wants to take them all. And when I tell Bridget & Flanagan's Daddy that... it is always met with some serious eye rollin'. A funny thing though. This time it wasn't me. It was Daddy who said let's go get Ash. And as much as my heart wanted to, I knew we could not. Having 2 sibling pups is wonderful for us and, more importantly, for the pups. But anybody who has ever observed two toddlers happily playing nice, can tell you that if you add a third little toddler, no matter that toddlers sunny disposition, it quickly goes from playing nice to playing not so nice. It's a power thing. And each day it will usually end up as two against one. And the 2 are always subject to change. It isn't pretty. If the toddler thing is hard for you to grasp, think 3 preteen or teen age girls.

There is also the added financial expense. Something to think about, for sure. 2 pups are double the fun, double the joy and can be double the trouble. They are also doubly expensive.


She's still there, down in Jackson, Mississippi, and I feel a terrible tug on my heart. But I know that if I hadn't adopted Bridget & Flanagan together, all three pups would spend their lives growing up without a sibling. I did what I could.

I've been told that she's Massachusetts bound. Janet would like her to live here. I will do my best to find her a loving home. More than my best, actually. I WILL find her a home. I feel I owe it to her. Then, maybe I can rest easier. Not for long, though.

My aim is to find all of the dogs in Jackson, Mississippi a loving home. They don't all have to find that home in Massachusetts. A loving home is a loving home, no matter the geography. I will add a "dog in need of the day" feature. Probably two or three per day, if I can manage it.

Did I ever mention that I can't type? Two fingers, all the way. And because I have no keyboard skills, I have to constantly look up at my monitor. Not only do I find this annoying and extremely tedious, it also causes me to lose my train of thought. I'm sure most will, pretty much, already know this if you've been following along. No need to be told. But a kind heart and good intentions are more important than proper grammar and all I can say is Spellcheck is a marvelous thing!

After tomorrow's post where you will hear about Bridget & Flanagan's very first, true and amazing, adventure, (It's a doozy! I promise.) I hope to get back to the format that I had planned. I want to use this blog as a visual diary of Bridget and Flanagan's life with us. Daily pics and snippets of fun and frolic, trouble, progress and the, inevitable, setbacks that go along with loving a puppy, or 2, even when they are Devil Dogs!

I gotta admit, I'm diggin' braggin' on Bridget & Flanagan. If, along with that, I help save other rescue shelter dogs lives, cool!



This is so very new to me, this blogging business. And I know I'm going to need a sharp learning curve. But I'll get there. I need for people to see this. Word of mouth would be great. My goal is for this to go viral. I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I sure am going to try. After all, I do believe in magic.

Spread the word, k?

Bridget & Flanagan's Mommy

2 comments:

mjfulgham said...

Hi, it's Michelle from MS. The blog & pictures are great! My baby that flew to CT, Casey (aka M&M) is doing great! Our southern babies seem to really be enjoying their new homes up north! Talk to ya soon, Michelle

Me, Himself and our 2 dogs, Bridget & Flanagan said...

Hi Michelle!
Glad you stopped by, I like M & M's new name. Casey is cute. Thanks, again, for helping with Bridget & Flanagan.

Bridget & Flanagan's Mommy